Heating & Plumbing
- Our inspectors found a gas leak in the gas... thingy. So that needs to be fixed. We'll ask them to do that when they
- Install a new furnace. We'll get a few different quotes, but if anyone has information on great furnaces, please leave a comment!
- Heat and cold air return registers - currently these are in the floor on the 1st floor, with only one GIANT gaping register for cold air return. We'd like to move these into the baseboard, and add cold air returns so we can patch up the floors and make the areas more useable.
- Add central air conditioning to the house
- Replace the old knob and tube wiring with updated stuff. If need be, we might update to a 200 amp service, but I'm hoping we can make due with what we have. We'll see what the electrician says. Hopefully this won't cost too much, but we're budgeting $2k to be safe
- This is going to include patching the floors where we move the heat registers. It won't include the kitchen - I'm not sure if there is hardwood under the linoleum in there. We'll deal with that when we renovate the kitchen.